Laser is not firing

Worked fine yesterday. No issues. Device centers, everything is clean. We did have a power outage yesterday but the machine wasn’t on at the time. I have tried turning on and off; different files, nothing is working Of course I have 9 orders waiting to be made. Help.

Posting here has opened a support ticket. They will likely ask you to print the Gift of Good Measure, so they can verify from the logs whether the machine is faulty. Obviously, if the laser is not firing, there will be nothing to see.

A power surge caused by lightning could have damaged the machine if it was plugged in, even if turned off. That said, sometimes things just fail.

Thanks! Power outage was due to me- turning breaker off so I could change out my electrical sockets in the living room. I don’t even believe that the power in the GF room was effected- but just in case figured I’d mention it. I’m hoping to get some answers through this thread too. I sent an email with the Good Measure information.

That wouldn’t cause the issue. That’s no different than unplugging it - which is what I do whenever mine is not in use.

Lightning-induced spikes can jump small gaps in switches and on circuit boards, due to the massive voltages involved. It’s not common, but possible.

1 Like

I’m sorry that you’ve run into trouble with your Glowforge. We’ve extracted the logs from the test print and, unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email very soon to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.