Laser losing power during scoring

My glow forge plus is misfiring/losing power during scoring and cuts. The pieces come out sporadic on the scoring and looks to be uniform in timing of losing its power. Pieces have become very sporadic on if they are going to cut through or not. Need ideas

1 Like

Can you print the Gift of Good Measure on draftboard with Proofgrade settings and post pictures of the result along with the date and time of the print.

I will do that today. Thanks

You should clean your optics before printing the GoGM.

From your description, is sounds more like it’s “skipping” vs. just having lower power, but eliminating the optics as the problem can only help.

Thanks, Ill give it another go at cleaning. It is “skipping” as you say on the vector lines.

I’m sorry your prints aren’t turning out as expected. In addition to double-checking your optics and printing the Gift of Good Measure as our other community members suggested, will you please post an example photo of one of your recent prints where you’ve run into this issue?

We’ll review the Gift of Good Measure print logs, the photos you share and then follow up with next steps.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.