Laser makes loud bumping noise when calibrating

So I have a new problem now when it comes to calibrating. The last week has been good, but today when I turn it on the laser tube makes a very loud bumping sound when it moves down, toward the tray door. It also seem to not be square anymore. As in the left side is moving faster then the right. I have tried using caned air to blow off the tracks, but it keeps doing this and failing the calibration.

When I push everything back to the top left hand corner to reset everything, there is no bumping sound. It moves smoothly. It only happens when it moves itself.

1 Like

Ok, so I don’t know what was going on. I tried a few more times, then used one of the Zeiss wipes on the metal rail and rubber wheels to see is the air missed anything. Pushed everything back and now its ready to go.

2 Likes

The bumping happens to all of us now and then. Support has said it will not damage the unit. If it continues just move the head under the camera with power off. It seems to occur during calibration when the camera can’t immediately recognize the head position.

The squareness may have been caused by accidentally moving the gantry out of square. Usually realigns itself.

3 Likes

Thanks for the answer @rpegg, that’s right. I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!