Laser not cutting through, mostly on one side now both sides

Hi Everyone.
I own two glowforge basics. My older one has stopped cutting through. I have cleaned my fans/all mirrors and lenses multiple times. This has been going on for a few days. Two times I took it a part and did a deep clean and then it would cut a few cuts then stop again. I go to clean again but nothing is built up yet, I wipe the lenses every cut - I’m not sure why it’s not cutting through.

I use the same wood and settings every time. They are cutting fine on my other glowforge and only having issues with my original. It’s 10 months old. Any suggestions or ideas?

You’ve opened a support ticket by posting here, so they’ll be along to help soon. They’ll want you to print the Gift of Good Measure on PG draftboard with PG settings and post front and back photos, so to save time you could go ahead and do that now. It can also be helpful to include the time/timezone of the print so they can see what the logs have to say. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gift of good measure PG medium draftboard around 5:20-5:30 EST 11/2 in First Glowforge

Oh no, I’m sorry you’ve hit a snag. Your cut seems incredibly close to cutting through. I’d like to have you check the following:

Once all these things have been checked, I’d like to take a look at your optics. Please send photos of all your cleaned optical components, with special attention to any damage you might find:

• Both windows
    • The printer head window, on the left hand side of the printer head
    • The laser window on the inside left of the Glowforge
  • The printer head lens
    • Both sides of the lens, top and bottom
  • The mirror inside the printer head
  • The bottom of the printer head

Once we have those pictures, we’ll follow up with next steps.

Here are all the images requested. I was able to run a few cuts last night and about 3 of them ran great and then it stopped cutting through completely again. I don’t understand what’s really happening. My material is flat and my crumb tray is clean.

1 Like

Thank you so much for sending over all of those photos. I’m afraid I’m going to need some personal information from you so I’m going to reach out via email and close this request.