Laser not cutting through on the right side

Hi, So whenever I cut anything towards the right side of the glowforge it doesn’t cut deep enough to go through the material, is there any reason or a easy fix anyone knows? Any help or suggestions on what to do? Has this happened to anyone else? I contacted support but idk how long will it take for any resolution and I have orders I can’t fulfill :weary:

It engraves perfect but when it is going to cut it doesn’t go through the board ( only in the right side ).

I would really appreciate your help!

Thanks in advance!
Uploading: 15ACE59B-109B-40DF-ACB8-198735A80949.jpeg…
Processing: E97192AD-91EE-486D-B2CB-1E0A38FAF90B.jpeg…
Uploading: 3D008F74-E22F-4B6B-BD34-9469C9ACB0EC.jpeg…
Processing: F189D245-4AAF-40F1-AF89-F0607EAB1AF7.jpeg…
Uploading: 508EE14E-91EB-49A5-818B-6EEE0E3FF7A6.jpeg…

If the optics are clean then it generally means the mirror inside the left side of the gantry is misaligned. It is not user-serviceable, the machine would have to be replaced.

How old is it? This is not uncommon for new machines that were abused in-transit.

1 Like

If it was working fine and now not, it’s more likely dirty optics. The mirror issue would almost always show up from new.

1 Like

Hi there, your uploads messed up,
I think you have your laser lens flipped upside down (ring goes IN)

see if that fixes the issues

Jonathan

Hey what does this mean ring in ? Like the lense u pop out with the tool. The arrow has to be facing up ?

the ring (cup) part of the lens is pointed toward the laser head, when inserted.

Jonathan

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.