Yesterday in the middle of a quick engrave, the laser stopped firing. The printer head kept going like it was continuing to print like normal. We cleaned and did the basic maintenance and still nothing. We did “Gift of Good Measure” print with PG setting on PG draft wood and still nothing. Any material or design we try to score, engrave, or cut it acts completely normal and goes through the motions but the laser does not fire. Emailed GF yesterday and have not heard back. Any ideas?
Sometimes the power setting ends up being nearly 0–but I’ve never heard of that happening during a job! Hopefully support gets back to you shortly–opening the topic has also started a ticket.
No mark at all with GoGM? Support will probably ask for a pic (not much to see I guess!) and also the time of the attempt so they can find it in the logs.
I’m so sorry about the trouble with your unit. Thank you for the information that you also sent in an email. I think I was able to locate that message; was the email sent from a different address?
I extracted the logs from your Glowforge and it looks like your recent print attempts used default settings.
Would you please run the following test and make a video to help us investigate further?
- Turn off your Glowforge, then turn it back on
- We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Place the Proofgrade Draftboard in the center of the bed and cut (ignore the engrave and score portions) the Gift of Good measure using the default settings.
- Take a video of the print that shows the printer head as well as the laser tube.
- Allow the print to complete. When it does, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates
- If the issue still occurs, please let us know the date and time of the finished print
I’ll review the video and then follow up with next steps. If you’d prefer to share it privately, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Here is the link to the video of the last print that you told me to do. I stopped the video at 10:32pm CST ON November 1st. Which is the time that the print was complete.
Sorry the link is titled “GF Laser.”
Thank you for sharing the video. Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.