Laser Not Firing (laser tube not lighting)

I just started a print job tonight (about 10 min ago), and it engraved fine. and right after it switched to start cutting it paused for a second, then resumed. When it resumed it was no longer cutting, and the laser tube was not lighting. It’s still moving around though, it thinks it’s working.

I tried another file to cut - nothing.

Tried the gift of good measure. Nothing.

I checked the tape connection to the laser head - no change. I unplugged the machine and plugged it back in (at both ends, left unplugged for a minute) - no change.

Not sure what else I can try now.

It will help to post the general date and time of when you attempted that failed print. They might ask you to attempt to print the gift of good measure with proof grade settings.

Mine is doing the same thing. When i can get it to cut it won’t go through any material completely and skips several sections of the design unless i slow the speed to about 120, with 2-3 passes. I tried to recalibrate the camera and it just moved around without actually printing the glowforge symbols so it couldn’t finish the measuring process. Ive put in 2 different requests for assistance but so far no one has contacted me

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.