Laser not printing for me

Everything seems to be running exactly the same as any other time I have run my GF, except now there is no final laser to the material. nothing is burning. Only thing that happened between last job and this one is I got another “printer is not on network” error, and I cleaned all the lenses.

Do you see everything moving as though it is burning?

Can you screen shot your interface? or Double check the power setting in the interface. A common issue is the laser power bumping down to 1.

Go through everything you cleaned to make sure it was reassembled correctly. If you put the mirror in upside down, handle first, for example, the laser beam will not reach your material.

Check that your settings are correct. If you go into and leave the manual settings screen without changing things, the power gets changed to 1 automatically, which leaves no visible mark.

To rule out settings and design issues, you can load up the Gift of Good Measure design from your dashboard, and cut it at the Proofgrade settings on a piece of Proofgrade material.

yes, it appears to move as if it was working normally, and it appears that there is a light flickering in the glass tube, but there is no light on the material. also I checked all my power settings, none of them were less than 8o, most were at max.

to the second replier, the laser stopped burning before i cleaned the lenses, I cleaned them hoping they wer just dirty, but it still didn’t work’

Make sure the white cable to the head is fully connected and snapped into place.

Hello @rhaf1965,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’m sorry to hear your prints aren’t turning out as expected.

As @Thumper369 and @dan84 mentioned, the first things to check are your settings and the placement of the mirror inside the printer head. Since you’ve confirmed that neither of those are the issue, I’d like to have you run a test print for me.

Could you please do the following?

1. Turn off your Glowforge, then turn it back on
  2. Place Proofgrade material in the bed and load the Gift of Good Measure design.
  3. Print the Gift of Good measure using the default settings. Allow the print to finish.
  4. When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture of the bed updates.

Please let me know when the print is complete. Once I have your reply, I’ll review the print logs and follow up with next steps. Thank you!

done

Hello @rhaf1965,

Thank you for running that print for me. I have pulled the print logs and was able to confirm to no laser activity on the print. Unfortunately this is not an issue that we will be able to resolve remotely, and we’ll need to get a replacement unit out to you.

We will need to confirm some personal information as apart of the next steps, so I’m going to send you a separate email. You should receive my email in a few minutes, but if you don’t receive it in the next 30 minutes please check your spam / junk mail folder. Once I know you’ve received my email, I’ll close this thread.

Got it

@rhaf1965, thank you for letting me know. I’m going to go ahead and close this thread now, and we’ll continue to work with you directly over email.