Laser shooting to the right of template design

Can anyone give me any advice? Laser Shooting about 1/4 inch to the right.

1/4" is within specs for the lid camera. If you’ve completed the calibration process, then that’s as good as your machine is going to get.

Are you using the Set Focus tool?

Yes, but I may have missed something. Reset it and tap on the center of the design, right?

Tap on the center of the Design with the Set Focus tool, THEN center the design if you need to shift it. Tapping with Set Focus corrects the view at that spot.

Oh no, I’m sorry you’ve hit a snag.

Since your prints are landing more than ¼” away from where they were positioned in the preview, I recommend recalibrating the camera in your Glowforge to fix it.

You’ll need a 12” x 20” piece of Proofgrade material with no markings or stickers. The feature was designed to be used with a flat piece of medium Proofgrade Draftboard, used upside-down (with the QR code side down). It may work with other materials that are the same size and use the same print settings as well, like Proofgrade plywood.

It prints a grid of markings, takes a picture, then measures its height in multiple locations. This data is used to make your camera more accurate for future prints.

To get started, click on this link: Launch the Camera Recalibrator.

Should you finish all of these steps, and find that you have an alignment error of more than 1/4", please measure the accuracy of the camera and send us a screenshot of the results.

It’s been a while since we’ve heard from you, so I’m going to close this post.

If you are still having trouble, please start a new post or email us at support@glowforge.com.