When i print something, it is slightly off from where is appears on the app display, about 1 or 2 mm. how can i fix?
The Set Focus tool will adjust for the normal fisheye effect experienced by the lid camera. Also, you will probably want to run the Calibration program to make sure the base data is good for the machine.
Both are discussed here:
Use the Set Focus tool right over the design, then place it so that it falls where you want it to. It should print in the right place.
The specs are for 1/4"/6mm, so your machine is well within specs.
The specs are for 1/4"/6mm
Well lookie there, you’re correct. I was about to comment that 1/4" accuracy of the lid camera is what GF considered “accurate enough” but that the specs didn’t say. But apparently they have updated the specs sometime in the past two years. I have had no reason to look. Darn good thing I checked. I was almost wrong. Don’t want to mess with a lifetime of perfection.
Sounds like the makings of a country song…
I believe they made it official around the time of the camera calibration rollout, as it finishes with a “check” to make sure it’s within those specs.
We’d like to have you try a few troubleshooting steps for us:
- Turn off your Glowforge.
- Check for small pieces of debris or dust.
- Check the lower door to make sure it closes all the way. It may require some force to open, but open it, wipe any dust off the edges, and close it all the way.
- Remove the tray and clean any dust or debris from the surface underneath. Pay careful attention to remove all debris from the four dimples where the tray rests.
- Check the lid to make sure it closes all the way. Small particles of material, such as dust or debris, can prevent it from closing completely.
- Check the surface your Glowforge is on to make sure it’s flat. Ensure it is not twisted slightly and that there is no debris propping up one side of the machine.
- Turn your Glowforge back on.
- We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Place the Proofgrade Draftboard in the center of the bed and print the Gift of Good Measure using the default settings.
- When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates. Without moving your artwork or your material, take a screenshot of the Workspace to show us the difference between the artwork placement and the actual print placement. Make sure to include the rulers in your screenshot and show as much of the bed as possible.
- Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.
- Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.
- Send us the screenshot along with the date and time of the print, and we’ll investigate.
It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email email@example.com.