Laser stopped Engraving mid cut and now wont cut or engrave anything

I emailed technical support, called ( of course no answer just a message saying to email). I have only had my glowforge for 5 months!! I know im still covered under warranty because i have the pro but how long before they reply? Very frustrated especially because its xmas time and I have lots of orders.

They actually tell us in the auto-response that they send. You might have missed it.

Do you have a backup plan?

If you have already done all the troubleshooting that others who report this behavior have completed, you will need to wait for support to respond. Just FYI, starting a new topic here opens a new support ticket, so now they have to coordinate your email and your support topic before they can proceed, which may delay the response.

If you don’t have a backup plan for your orders, this is a good time to put one down on paper and then implement it since you will have to wait for support anyway. All businesses that depend on hardware for their business must have a backup plan in place. Please keep in mind that you are building your business around hardware that is essentially hobby grade and has support to match. This means you will need to have a backup plan to handle any failures, now or in the future.

2 Likes

So you know for next time, by emailing AND posting here in Problems and Support you’ve opened two support tickets.

Don’t feel too bad about it; everybody does it the first time. I just strongly suspect that with 18K users out there, if Support didn’t have to match up so many duplicate tickets they could probably have a faster response time, so I try to let people know so we can cut down on their volume a little. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also, since you have the Pro, check the little staple thingy on the back, near where the power cord plugs in. If it’s gotten dislodged, just pushing it back in might be all you need to fix it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see you already emailed us about this and we’ve sent you a response there, so I’m going to close this topic.