Laser Stopped Firing- HELP!

Hello,

The laser head on my basic stopped firing today at around 12:10 pm Eastern time. The tube is not glowing purple like it normally does(there is no activity in the tube at all). The machine head is going through the motions like it normally does, but without any laser coming out. Below is what we’ve tried:

• Restarting the machine
    *Unplugging the machine
  • Trying different files with different materials
  • Checked to make sure power was not set to 0
  • Checked lens and mirrors

I am in the middle of a ton of orders, and this is the worst possible timing. I’ve sent a message to Glowforge with no reply.

Thank you all for the help/suggestions!

Also, check ALL the connections to include the ones that connect to the tube… Unplug the machine first and ground yourself to make sure there no static electricity, just in case

I have been through all of the steps and checked all the connections. The issue is that the laser is not firing at all. It’s not creating a beam and is behaving like there is no power to the tube. I have had this unit since January of 2020 but did not start really using it until Mid 2019.

You started using it before you received it. Do you mean Mid 2020? :thinking:

1 Like

Yes, sorry January 2019.

1 Like

Okie dokie, is there power to the rest of the printer?

2 Likes

I can see that you’ve also reached out via email and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.