I’ve been browsing for a resolution to this for a while, but to no avail; our community college recently acquired a Glowforge Plus, and we’ve been dealing with a series of network issues and fixes over the last month that have had no significant results.
To summarize the problem, this is our process and the issue that arises:
- Run a few jobs without issue
- Anywhere from 3 minutes up to 1 hour total time; jobs of varying length
- Suddenly, in the middle of a job (no particular file), the laser stops firing - movements continue, but no beam is produced. Light has not changed color.
- About 30 seconds to a minute later, the job cancels itself - the light changes purple to indicate the job has cancelled. The timer, however, continues as normal.
- Cancelling the job leaves the software stuck at “Cancelling job…”
- Letting the timer run to 0:00 “completes” the job, but starting another job produces no laser at all - just movements until it cancels itself
- Forced to reset
- Power cycling: Glowforge behaves normally until a job is attempted again; once you hit Start, the movements start but the laser does not fire at all; again, 30 seconds later, the Glowforge cancels the job
- Resetting network connection (going through Glowforge setup process) is the only method that works - until issues arise again
Video link for reference. Thank you for any help!
We are a school running our Glowforge Plus on our wireless network - which does have occasional issues, but these problems seem to occur without other devices going down. I’m wondering if any other school labs or places with large-scale Wifi networks have the same or similar issues? If so, are there any known fixes?