Laser stuck on one side

Hello - my laser (right side) is not moving about halfway down the track during a print. It stops and veers while the left side of the laser is continuing to try and print. The laser ends up in a crooked position making a noise it should not make.

I’ve canceled the print, done a thorough cleaning and it continues to stick in the same place, not allowing the mechanism to move on the right side.

Any recommendations or thoughts are appreciated. I suspect I will need to box up this 1 month young machine and send back for repair.

Thanks.

With the machine off try moving the gantry all the way forward and backward, it should be smooth. Look for something snagging on the right end of the tube or an obstruction on the right rail.

4 Likes

Also check to make sure that the white ribbon cable is not twisted in the laser arm. (Just drop the front door down and get down at eye level. It needs to be a smooth loop.)

3 Likes

problem solved! There was a small piece from a prior cut causing the jam. THANK YOU!

9 Likes

Hello @CraftD, I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to go ahead and close this thread.

If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re happy to help!