Laser Thursday — Acrylic Laptop Stand

I know it’s just a typo, but it was amusing. Conjures an image in my mind Not making light of his concerns.

1 Like

thank you for pointing that out - I just over read it! Made my day - from now on I wait for the glowfrog! :smile: :smile: After I receive the Frog it (he??) might become the Glowforge again…

2 Likes

If you kiss the Glowfrog, it might magically turn into the Glowforge Prince!

4 Likes

13 Likes

I read the title, and that was exactly what I thought it was going to look like. I plan to make one of those as well!

2 Likes

Take a look at the hobby king website. Lots of cheap LED Strip options that can run off of low voltage. Should be easy to rig up a power supply. For a bit more cash you can get strip lights at home depot that you can cut to length. The big issue with either of these is that they aren’t that attractive. You might want to mount them inside of a base the stand sits on so that they light shows without the rest of the strip lighting.

2 Likes

thats awesome @Luz, I just got done constructing a similar stand in Fusion 360 but I went with a solid top… I also wanted to make it out of acrylic… what thickness did you use with yours? Love the engraved sides as well, makes it so much more than a plain stand!

1 Like

@ffpdfirefighter2002 I believe it was about 2.5mm thick? Actual measurement was closer to ~2.6mm though.

2 Likes