Laser Thursday: "check the obvious things" keychains!

Agreed! If proofgrade prices match those of existing products, I’ll use them for everything…they are seriously going to save a heck of a lot of time.

2 Likes

@Dan, correct me if I am wrong, but I imagine for instance that as an example the extremely small text of the wingdings on the keychain look very different on different grained woods? I imagine a loose grained wood can’t hold that resolution while a dense wood does nice. Also the color of the wood probably shows fine dark items very differently?

1 Like

@henryhbk indeed, you get different visual results with different species of wood.

2 Likes

Thanks. That’s why those test-patterns will be so useful. It’s why with 3D printers we all print a 3DBenchy with each type of filament so you get some sense of how it prints and how it looks when printed…

3 Likes

You just made an argument for paying more for the Proofgrade materials. It depends of course on how much more the Proofgrade materials cost and what your time is worth. Also, how many times you’ll need to reprint stuff due to variations or errors in non-Proofgrade materials. It’s all cost benefit…completely a personal decision. - Rich

4 Likes