Laser Thursday: Laser Engraved artwork (from an iPhone)

A big chunk of the company is down at MakerFaire (hope you can go say hello!), which gave us a quieter Laser Thursday than normal but folks got a lot done.

A friend of mine (who is a writer and an artist) posted a doodle onto Facebook-- I asked him to take a picture of it with his iPhone and email it to me. After 5 minutes of image cleanup, I was printing it onto maple (on a beta Glowforge). I backed it with white and teal acrylic.

60 Likes

Excellent

Very nice!

Awesome! Is that a chamfer on the border, or just an engraving?

3 Likes

If thats a doodle, I’d love to see his real stuff…lol
Very nice :grin:

6 Likes

That’s great looking! Any more photos from different angles? Would love to see more of how this is constructed

3 Likes

that’s way more then a doodle wonder what happens when he breaks out the big guns.

You made a point to say on a beta unit. This josh forge back online or another unit your give a once over to before it goes out to beta tester number 2

4 Likes

How well art translates makes me wonder if I could convince my artist friend to collaborate with me? Him doing the art me doing the tech?

3 Likes

Wow. Absolutely wonderful! Pardon me for dribbling drool all over your creation. Oh. That was my phone…

4 Likes

Beautiful artwork and great design! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s beautiful!

1 Like

I would be soooo happy with results like that. :blush:

That is fantastic looking. Please post more projects like that!

1 Like

Nice work @tony!
My desk is feeling very empty and very lonely… :cry:

10 Likes

Withdrawal symptoms…:disappointed_relieved: and you can’t even goto a GA (Glowforge anonymous) group…cause you’d be the only one there. :sob:

12 Likes

Oh hell yeah! Can you post a pic of the whole thing?

2 Likes

I can’t wait to make next level things

1 Like

I’m leaving @tony alone on thursdays more often.

14 Likes

Now this is the type of work I like to see and hopefully do in the near future.

4 Likes

beautiful artwork and Glowforge re-creation! What are the dimensions of that finished piece?

1 Like

Very nice @Tony!
Curious if, or how it was cleaned afterwards? Also what were the settings?
Thank you for the inspiration!

2 Likes