Laser tiles?

Will the Glow forge be able to engrave Laser Tile? I found them online and it made me think

1 Like

if it’s the stuff from lasertile.com then the GF should be able to do it. I use both a 40W and 60W laser to do those now. Works fine.

Shipping costs are the painful part with these - keep an eye out for specials so you can spread the cost out over more tiles.

2 Likes

If you are talking about something like this. http://lasertile.com/ It should work fine.

12 Likes

thanks guys. luckily i own a biz and can order a lot and have it trucked for very little

Google has a few results for marking/engraving normal ceramic tile. Is their a big difference between going with a readily available product like that vs lasertile?

Yes

1 Like

I feel so guilty for asking you so many questions, but if you get some time, could you please tell us a little about these laser tiles? What are the differences between these tiles and regular tiles. I thought I would have to use the caremark spray to mark the tiles.

Please don’t feel guilty. I wish there was someone that I could have asked questions to when I first started…
The laser tiles are made with a special coating that is very much like Cermark that reacts with a laser. Some tiles you can etch on without a coating if they are a dark color…same for slate and dark marble. For lighter tiles you can spray Cermark or I’ve seen people just use regular spray paint

7 Likes

They also have a layer under the surface that I believe is black that shows as the top layer is cut away. So you don’t have to go and put paint in the engraving it’s already there which I would think would be more durable a final
Product

2 Likes

I looked at the cost and the weight of these tiles. I can’t imagine why they weigh so much. Shipping must be killer. :astonished:

Not sure which ones you are talking about…the laser tiles I’ve used have a special glaze that reacts with the laser and turns black…nothing is etched away so they are still smooth.

1 Like

You are probably correct and it turns black I really don’t know how they work just came across them today. Though I’d ask. As far as shipping for my I can but lots and have them shipped freight to me it’s nice some times to have a loading dock.

1 Like

Something more to put on the list to try when GF day arrives.

2 Likes

Those are the ones I’ve used. White tiles that the laser engraved black. It’s like a b&w laser printer but on rules. They are coated so they’re waterproof (top side anyway).

4x4xqtr inch. Nice making very customized tiles for kitchen backsplashes and coasters.

4 Likes

Can we get some links to these various tiles people are talking about?

The one I found was lasertile.com

They only sell in bulk I think.

8 Likes

yes you are correct. that being said i can get boxes ad sell them to other GF users at what ever they cost because i can buy the cases and not waste them

6 Likes

Count me in! :slight_smile:

ill order them as soon as i know the GF is shipped. its very difficult to
wait. im on pins and needles

1 Like