Laser Tube Liquid? How do I refill?

Hello I just recently purchased a GF Pro model for the purposes of engraving anodized aluminum. While unpacking and setting up the unit, I noticed there was liquid in the laser tuber? After close to 30 hours of operation, the liquid appears to be gone? What liquid needs to be replaced and where would I refill the resiviuor?

The liquid is still in there, you just can’t see it because the bubbles have all migrated out. (That liquid is circulated to cool the tube - there is a little closed reservoir on the left side of the machine.)

5 Likes

When would I need to service the fluid…? Do I need to add fluid to the reservoir?

It seems like engraving quality has been diminished after 30 hours?

You don’t need to service the cooling fluid.

At that point, you’re going to need to do some cleaning. Someone will probably chime in with a link to the instructions for doing that properly.

1 Like

OK, so I do not have to do anything to the reservoir to the left of the GF pro? Its just simple cleaning…?

Right - nothing needs to be done with the fluid reservoir or fluid.

Here are the cleaning instructions:

https://glowforge.com/support/topic/cleaning-service-and-moving/cleaning

4 Likes

I recall it was recommended to clean after 40 hours so maybe yours is due to cleaning

10-4

There are “cleaning” instructions shown after clicking the Support tab of the App.

2 Likes