Laser won’t fire

My laser won’t fire, it was working and now the printer head moves but the laser doesn’t fire. I have cleaned lenses and the mirror. Triple checked that the lens is in properly and that nothing is damaged or scratched. Have tried printing Gift of good measure with proofgrade material and settings and still won’t work. My machine is only a couple weeks old so disappointed I’m already experiencing issues. I have a basic. Any suggestions?

Double-check your settings on the left side of the screen. Do they say “cut,” “score,” and “engrave,” or do they have numbers? Sometimes if you click into the settings they can get changed. I just had it happen to me a minute ago – the power level dropped to 1 when I was in the settings window, and if I hadn’t noticed it my print would have done just what yours is doing – moving but not firing (or at least not enough to be seen by the naked eye!).

Also make sure the white cable is securely attached to the head carriage.

1 Like

I checked both of those and unfortunately it still won’t work. Appreciate you trying to help though!

2 Likes

Just curious as to what your power number is showing for your specific use. Could you capture a screen shot or two to share with us?

I’m sorry about the trouble with your new Glowforge. I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.