Laser your fingernail

Crumbtrays are generally standard. The mesh is a standard material you can buy.

2 Likes

I think you should! I’m bound to bang my thumb at some point and it might come in handy. :smile: (And yeah, the honeycomb design is really common and used in a lot of lasers.)

1 Like

I think you just need to have a few standalone dots that you can stick your finger under. You’ll jerk it back really fast if it works - the pain from the fluid buildup will be gone but the pain of the burn of your nailbed will get your attention. DAMHIK :smiley:

I can see it now, “laser engraved press-on nails”…

2 Likes

:rofl:

4 Likes

And you thought acrylic smelled badly…

3 Likes

OTOH I like the smell of leather burning so…

3 Likes

Oh no, I didn’t even know this was possible until I joined sewing groups on facebook and it’s been a NIGHTMARE ever since. Like how can this happen? It breaks my model of a just universe. I know it has happened to so many people, too…

1 Like

This was exactly my experience as well - but the needle broke so no thread. I spend a couple minutes looking for the needle on the floor etc. before I noticed it sticking up out of my pointer finger nail.
What’s funny is that was the day I learned to go to my Mom for injuries and not my Dad. He showed up just as we managed to pull the thing out - her with pliers and me pulling the other direction and he almost passed out. No blood, no pain (which was just wild) and he still was wobbly for a while there :stuck_out_tongue:

If it makes you feel any better I only did it the once and never since! I’m guessing subconsciously I’m more aware of how close my fingers are getting to the pointy parts!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.