Last day of sale

Hobby lobby has unfinished wood products on sale 40% off. I picked up a few basswood rounds and slabs yesterday. They are slightly thicker than 1/2”, but some 60 or 80 grit sandpaper on the back side should take it down quick enough and still leave the front smooth enough for engraving.

5 Likes

Thanks for the info!

These also on sale

About 30% under Ocooch price.

2 Likes

Or you could remove the tray and build supports :upside_down_face: Basswood is one that will cut deeper than most and bend easiest :grin:

The round part is basswood :grin:

5 Likes

Oh, I might need me some of this, been a while since I bought any… smacking my own hand and telling myself no right now. I should not buy anymore right now…

2 Likes

Happy Birthday :balloon::tada:!

2 Likes

I look on such as investment for when the price will be double when I need them. In any case when sold it should reap much higher returns than raw.

3 Likes

Thank you.

@rbtdanforth I made the mistake of clicking on that link instead of going back to bed. Now I feel like ordering a bunch of stuff I really don’t need…

I bought so much wood and acrylic last year thinking it would be good to have a full stock in case covid disrupted the supply chain and people went crazy like they didn’t with toilet paper…I’m glad I did, but I still haven’t used all of that yet.

4 Likes

I do need more return on all the investment I have made but in actual hardwood basswood is about the lowest price per square inch, so makes the lowest price finished goods. So I keep using that instead of my Koa etc that I have not had the courage to commit.

2 Likes

i know what you mean. I have a good bit of koa and just don’t know what to make from it…decisions, decisions.

1 Like

Some of mine

CHAKTE VIGA

KATALOX

CHECHEN

Monkeypod

GABOON EBONY just a few small pieces

OLIVE

And bunches of the usual stuff. But those are what I am really needing to find the right circumstance for.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.