Last minute save

went over to my Mom’s this morning to take some things and look for some things in the basement (she has trouble getting down the stairs). One of the items she was anxious to find was her nativity scene. I looked in all the boxes and everywhere and couldn’t find it. When I got home I had the idea to loan her our spare set—it’s a wooden set carved out of olive wood. When I called and told her I’d bring it over tomorrow when we pick her up for the big Birthday Dinner (she’s turning 90 tomorrow), she was real happy about it. “All I need is the central 3 figures and the manger.” Uh, okay. Problem: this set doesn’t have a manger. I didn’t tell her that; instead I went into Creative Fabrica and downloaded an svg file that just happens to be the perfect size:

40 Likes

My Creative Fabrica subscription has paid for itself many times over this year— especially for these situations.

Nice Save!

17 Likes

I love this.

11 Likes

Fantastic!

8 Likes

Ooh. That is very nice! Great work!

7 Likes

Happy Birthday to your Mom tomorrow!!

This is beautiful!!! I love it so much! Guess I’ll have to check for it over on Creative Fabrica.

7 Likes

Oh, I should have linked to it. This is the one I used. Thanks for the good wishes and Merry Christmas,

8 Likes

Very nice! Happy birthday to your mom!

6 Likes

Thank you! Downloaded! If I can get two explosion boxes made and sublimate a tumbler and finish my kahlua brownies … I will make this today! If not, I will make it tomorrow, as the family comes at 7:30 tonight.

Merry Christmas!!

7 Likes

So what was your record? 5/5 or did you have to roll over? :smiley:

4 Likes

I didn’t even get to finish my explosion boxes. There were MANY cuts on the Silhouette Cameo. They are basically a gingerbread house that when you pull the roof off, you’re left with a gift box inside. As with all gingerbread houses … they must be decorated! Candies, lights, wreath, oh my. So, I set them aside and had to admit to failure.

I did get the tumbler and Kahlua Brownies made. Plus, my daughter-in-law came in for a last-minute embroidery request. Which I did get done.

Today I added another shelving unit to the 4th bedroom which houses my Glowforge materials. So, I can now actually walk up and grab what I need!

So, even though tomorrow is the 27th, I hope to finish the two explosion houses and cut the nativity stable. :slight_smile:

4 Likes