Laster etching on plywoood with frame and double handle for dust collection

Some initial trials on the GF. Burned this etching of an agave field onto some plywood. I was having trouble getting it to process the image so I ended up slicing it into 4 smaller images then decided to just space them out and frame them like a series instead of one picture. Turned out pretty good for a first try.

Then built a handle for some 6" dust collection tubing I have. Multiple pieces that fit together like a little puzzle but seem to work great.

84 Likes

Brilliant :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Oh I love that wall hanging. Amazing!

4 Likes

I like the 4 panels separate then framed…much more interesting that way :grinning:

10 Likes

Yeah I love that technique with splitting the panels! I’d do it deliberately! :grinning:

5 Likes

AKA a quadtych. :wink:

Looks fantastic. I’m looking to do some multi-piece works some day. Yours is inspiring. :slight_smile:

Edit: Didn’t mean to do a direct reply. I was referring to the original post. :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Brilliant way around the engrave size bug sir.

2 Likes

That engraving just POPS out at you!

1 Like

Phenomenal. I really love your choices in framing and backgrounds as well as the stunning subject.

Loving your DHDC - the little “puzzle” joints are +1

1 Like

Sweet! The four section split is endearing. I can imagine some creative wall hangings coming about by splitting photos into various segments with different engrave settings.

2 Likes

LOVE the engraving and as everyone else seems to agree…love that it’s in four different sections.

2 Likes

And a bug becomes a feature.

For this image I prefer the quadtych style. Great job.

2 Likes

Many times for me there is an emergent inspiration while in the middle of a project. I love it when that happens.
@rambosmail, I agree with the crowd here, like looking through a window across the pineapple field. :sunglasses: - Or is it agave…

1 Like

Really creative! Nice way to get around restrictions!