Latest category

Is there some preference setting that will push my unread 'latest ’ threads up to the top, so that I don’t have to scroll down endless (currently 162 threads) greyed out posts ?
It was only recently that I discovered all the posts in that category didn’t appear in the ‘Unread’ one. Still don’t understand why, but just accept it, and carrying on reading.
:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

It may be that we are at cross purposes here, but my browser shows something quite different.
At the moment, the Unread category shows 7 unread threads.
If I go to the Latest category, the same 7 are visible at the top of the list, but if I use the page down key, after about 19 pages, I find several posts that have been put up only a few days ago.
The first one I came to was 4 days ago.
So I feel that my first observation did state the problem fairly clearly.
John
EDIT
I’ve just re-checked and found another oddity.
I now have only four unread posts, having read 3. They have now appeared in the Latest, but greyed out.
OK, that’s what i would expect, but immediately under them has appeared 2 posts, made in the last 15 minutes, that haven’t appeared in the Unread category !

Go figure.
:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Unread only shows topics you are tracking, whereas Latest shows them all. In Preferences, under Notifications, there’s an option for “Automatically track topics I enter”, which you could set to Immediately if you want everything you look at to be tracked by default.

2 Likes