Latest creation!

This one was a bit of a challenge because I created my design in Illustrator with the leaf pattern in a clipping mask. So I had to figure out how to do it without clipping paths in a back and forth dance between Photoshop and Illustrator! Hoping GF eventually accepts clipping paths to avoid this!

30 Likes

Very nice!

2 Likes

Nice, reminds me of the origami boats we used to make…

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking too…makes me want to pull out the papers and get to it this afternoon! :grinning:

2 Likes

Double down on that! Inkscape has a make bitmap command but it was very low res and I had to go to Gimp.

I also particularly love the ceramics and sea urchin as well.

2 Likes

Thanks! The sea urchin had a tiny air plant in it until my cat destroyed it!

Yep, that’s exactly what it is!

1 Like

If you ever wanted to put together a quick tutorial on the technique, I’m sure I’m not the only one who would shower you with likes. :slight_smile:

I love the origami boat. My uncle came to live with us for a short while when I was young and he taught me to make an origami boat. It triggered a life-long love of paper arts (including the 1,000 origami cranes we folded for our wedding that my family and friends still complain about). My uncle recently passed away and I placed an origami boat in his coffin.

On a related note, are you selling these somewhere?

3 Likes

You can rasterize the clipping mask within Illustrator. Should get you where you need to be.

Awesome design!

2 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile: