Lattice in Walnut, a Test

Small scale test for future large scale project.

Proofgrade Walnut hardwood, 90/37 (PRU)

85 Likes

Ooooh! Very nice! :grin:

4 Likes

Pretty!

4 Likes

That is beautiful! An inspiration, to be sure. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Sweet! I have plans on doing some in-floor vent covers with a similar pattern. How big is this one?

(I know there’s only so big we can go with the :glowforge: bed size, but we should start putting rulers, or bananas, in pics for scale. :slight_smile: )

10 Likes

well, that’s pretty neat. how big is it, and how long did it take?

2 Likes

Love it! You can use this small scale one as a trivet.

2 Likes

Simple but effective design. Very good detail.

2 Likes

Wow!

Judging by the grain in both the piece and the countertop, this looks like a 4"x4" or 6"x6"?

3 Likes

Oh my goodness that is gorgeous!! You could do so many cool things similar to that!

2 Likes

This one is about 5"x5" – usually try to indicate scale, but it was late and I forgot…

It took about 25 minutes.

That’s exactly what I intend to do with this one . :wink:

Good eye, sir!

6 Likes

Really nice!!

2 Likes

Nice! Reminds me, there’s a door in bioshock with that pattern on it that I’ve been meaning to draw up.

2 Likes

^ I see what you did there

3 Likes

Love it! did you draw up the pattern yourself or download it somewhere? That particular pattern has been my favorite for quite some time, but I haven’t taken the time to draw it in Illustrator yet.

1 Like

I pulled it from this site:

http://monicascreativeroom.se/category/cutting-files/lattice-patterns/

Please be sure to read her Terms of Use, too.

10 Likes

Thank you so much! Only planning on using this for personal use, but those are some really generous/reasonable terms of use.

2 Likes

She is very generous with her designs. I downloaded a bunch then sent her a donation. She sent me a very nice thank you note, so I conclude that most folks don’t do that.

6 Likes

Gorgeous

1 Like

thanks for sharing this. what a thoughtful person she is.

1 Like