Launch America

Don’t miss this historic Launch a little over 45 minutes away. Propellant loading is go…

9 Likes

Watching for sure!

3 Likes

Thanks! Kids and I have this on now, wouldn’t have known about it if you didn’t post it.

3 Likes

SpaceX on the 65", Tim Dodd on my laptop… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Fingers crossed for them! :crossed_fingers: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Wow, thanks for the reminder! I have it and watching now!

2 Likes

Ah, rats!

1 Like

Darn… launch scrubbed for now - weather related.

4 Likes

Dang. I haven’t been this excited for years!

2 Likes

Aw, kids are disappointed, but at least now they know there are multiple factors in a launch, and gives them something to look forward to.

4 Likes

Well :poop:!
(Man, we just had the biblical floodgates open up on us here…transformer behind the garage keeps shorting and producing the most beautiful blue/purple pyrotechnics. Not much appreciated by the folks whose house is right underneath it though.)

6 Likes

Disappointing—but you cannot do anything about the weather!

I gotta say that SpaceX has nice styling—the space suits, the capsule interior, the color schemes, the fit and finish, etc. Makes the old Apollo missions look absolutely “Steam Punk” in comparison. I hope it all works on Saturday. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I love the science behind all this.

For example, the launch window is instantaneous. Not a second sooner or later. The ISS is moving at close to 5 miles per second and if they don’t launch at T:0, they can’t catch it.

3 Likes

I also enjoyed the education about the LOX warming, that’s some of the venting you see. Waiting costs oxidizer and would compromise the rocket’s optimal performance. Very tight window for everything to line up. They had everything except the “electrical dissipation” in the atmosphere if I understand it correctly.

2 Likes

I’ve seen a couple of articles about how Elon wanted style - he was looking for something very Star Trekky and the styling was priority #2.

2 Likes

That was disappointing, but the visuals were definitely swanky. Looking forward to Saturday.

2 Likes

Musk has nothing on Judd.

3 Likes

yep, not a thing :smile:

1 Like

Have to say the SpaceX suits reminded me of ones from 1950s sci-fi art…

Looking forward to Saturday afternoon–hope all is a go on the 2nd attempt!

2 Likes

For example Forbidden Planet (1956)? :sunglasses:

1 Like