Layered Turtle

Found this design to add to my “Layered Creature’s” collection. Pretty easy build and I really like the base because I’m running out of wall space. (If anyone sees a layered whale, Sting Ray, or Sword fish in this type design, please let me know).
14" wide x 9.5" tall
7 layers of stained Baltic Birch

36 Likes

Why not try making your own? In theory it looks pretty simple, find some basic shapes of tropical stuff from someplace like svgsilh or something, align them the way you want, find an outline and slap it all together. You’d be extra proud of it because it was all yours :slight_smile:

9 Likes

That’s so pretty! Love it!

3 Likes

That looks great!

2 Likes

@armyclark has a bunch of layered designs including a whale:

7 Likes

I saw that one and it is beautiful. We don’t get any Orca’s in Florida though and definitely no mountains. Then again we don’t get Alaskan King Crabs and I made that so… I may try to design a Right Whale my self and see how it goes.

5 Likes

Better the right whale than the wrong whale I say!

6 Likes

Cool!

3 Likes

Or a left whale, as there are not many left.

5 Likes

Definitely! I can’t draw, but I sure do design with all the graphics available out there.

3 Likes

Perfect choice of colors! Looks fantastic!

2 Likes

Oh, I like that design. I used to live in FL, and had three tortoises that called my property ‘home’. One of them had been raised in a shelter and I got permission to re-home her. (They are a protected species.) When she would see me, she’d come up to me expecting food. Thankfully my yard was full of natural tortoise food, so I’d just pull some juicy bits and give it to her.

They looked like an Army helmet with legs.

6 Likes

There was a point growing up in Tucson when we had Desert Tortoises and Box Turtles breeding in the yard it was probably illegal but once living there they had not been disturbed beyond some rewilding of the excess population.

2 Likes

I’m a bit late but this looks awesome. If youa beach person or really love the water this would make a great piece to share.

2 Likes