Layout vs actual position has changed

I know a lot of people have been irritated by this, but my alignment has actually been very good so far.

Last night I gave the 'forge a good Zeiss wipedown (lenses and lid only), and tonight my cut alignment is way off. I measured 0.4" on the left and 0.35" on the top edge. This is on Draftboard.

I’ve checked the camera (seems tight) and crumb tray slots (clear).

I did a cut last night and the total offset was about 0.12" from where I placed the object.

Placing a fresh sheet on the bed and refreshing the image, and it sure looks like the overall camera coverage and distortion is the same as before, but the resulting output has certainly changed. Is it possible to check on the backend whether my machine is doing something different tonight vs last night?

2 Likes

I recommend that you reboot the machine if you see the alignment drifting. Have you rebooted since, and, if so, did your alignment improve?

I’m having this same problem. Reboot didn’t seem to solve it. Help!

Please post it as a new Topic in Problems and Support @rachel. They won’t see it if you add on to an old topic. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, will do

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.