Learning how to fly.. multi-layered cute painting

Took a break from my cute stuff for a bit but finished this piece tonight. Up in the air about if its looks busy on the front layer with all the flowers. Happy I found those uni posca markers, works well on all the proofgrades. My last ones were about 10 this ones is 5.

47 Likes

Really nice job on the color & shading!

5 Likes

Yeah, I like the colors too! :grinning:

5 Likes

Nothing wrong with colorful! Am I dating myself if I say the birds remind me of Little Orphan Annie? :wink:

5 Likes

Haha…really? What gives you the Annie vibe. Think I’m going to call it “Annie’s flight” now :smile:

5 Likes

If anyone would like to take a gander at all my whismy… my Instagram is onelostmonkey. Just a thought! :smile:

2 Likes

The eyes! :slight_smile:
Complete Little Orphan Annie Volume 1

8 Likes

And “Annies Flight” is awesome!

3 Likes

Oh that makes more sense…I went right to the movie…hahaha

1 Like

Obviously you are not as old as I am. :wink:

3 Likes

Oh I’m up there …

2 Likes

Love your work! Inspiring!

1 Like

Followed you on IG. Your stuff is so cool! This piece, and the dragon with a crown, and the narwhal, are too cute!

1 Like

Beautiful and not too busy.

2 Likes

Dating yourself? Growing up in the twenties is hardly old. It’s not like you’re some young whipper-snapper who grew up in the fifties reading Peanuts.

1 Like

Ummm…I think she is :slightly_smiling_face: or even the 60s/70s. My grandmother grew up in the 20s and I’m older than G2N I think.

1 Like

Love the birds! They’re adorable! Love the colors!

2 Likes

Yeah, 60s/70s would be more accurate for me. I thought I had us pegged at about the same age, but now I can’t remember what made me think that! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

When you ask does this date me and then post something with cartoons from 1924-1927 you deserve a little ribbing.

2 Likes