Leather bag for my sister-in-law

My sister-in-law lost her husband a couple of years ago. They only had one daughter and my niece is only 13 years old. So when Christmas rolls around… there aren’t many gifts for my SIL to open.

This year, I decided to make her a leather bag and wrap it up for her to have something to unwrap on Christmas morning. I wanted to personalize it for her… so here is what I came up with. I came up with the design and then used the “score” setting on all the background verbiage (power reduced to 1) and then the “engrave” setting for the other work.
IMG_4486

IMG_4491

42 Likes

Beautifully done - including the choice for lining. I know she appreciates what you do for her.

7 Likes

Wow. Stitching and lining look great! Very nice bag indeed.

6 Likes

Wow, that’s beautiful. I love the scored background verbiage!

5 Likes

What a thoughtful gift! That turned out beautifully.

3 Likes

Totally envious of a great bag. It’s good of you to care for her -I can’t even imagine how devastated I would be to lose my hubby (met in '78, married since '80). I do know what it’s like to lose a sibling too young- I miss my big sis every day.

4 Likes

Great design ideas and execution!

3 Likes

That is just gorgeous, and incredibly thoughtful of you. I’m sure she really appreciated it.

4 Likes

That’s beautiful - and thoughtful :slight_smile: I hope she loved it!

4 Likes

That is stupendous

3 Likes

Beautiful work.

3 Likes

It is an incredibly beautiful bag. You are wowing us with your thoughtful design work and stitching.

Family means even more after a loss, so nice that you are there for her.

2 Likes

Beautiful work! I’m sure this gift will be treasured.

2 Likes

This is such a thoughtful and beautiful gift!

2 Likes

Beautiful job.

2 Likes

Fantastic job on the bag!

1 Like

Thank you all for the kind words concerning the bag. She seemed to like it quite a bit. Now on to making one for my other sister-in-law who just finished chemo and radiation therapy… a celebration bag!

3 Likes

This is absolutely beautiful! So many skills involved. I bet she loves this so much! :heart_eyes:

1 Like