Leather business card tray

Instead of just leaving a pile of business cards at a local guitar maker to help promote my straps, I realized I should make a tray for them, too. Based on shapes I’ve done before, I used my GF to put my logos onto the leather (from same hide used for guitar straps). And since it’s not proof grade, good venting is critical. In fact I do a lot of different work on various npg leathers for products–etching is pretty easy, still working out settings for cutting.

34 Likes

The white specks are dust on the tray–not defect in etching or leather!

Way better than a loose stack of cards. Did you go with rivets or snaps?

1 Like

Very nice! I never would have thought of a leather tray for the cards! :grinning:

1 Like

This one I used rivets, since not meant to fold flat. I have made other trays with snaps, though.

2 Likes

Thanks! It’s not as good as some designs to draw attention to the cards themselves (saw some other cool designs from wood on the forum), but it’s really handy & used material I already had laying around!

3 Likes

Very nice. Now show us the straps!

1 Like

Hopefully no one steals this tray once your business cards run out!

5 Likes

Your tray was a great idea! Turned out great!

1 Like

That’s the best part. The tray is just a giant leather business card.

2 Likes

Ha, I was thinking the same thing…those sneaky musicians…

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

At least good way to use “scrap” leather–but still makes them think of me even if gets used for their picks or paper clips or whatever!

1 Like

I have quite a few straps in my Etsy shop/website, but this is a close-up of a more recent one (some are plain leather, but most I layer interesting thinner hide over the base strap), and since I got my GF last fall, I have started etching my logo in the shorter adjustment strap, since it fits easily on the bed. Working on ways to etch on the main strap section, too!

5 Likes

Oh, very nice!