Leather Notebook Cover - Mini Cooper

More leatherwork…

I like to keep a notepad in my vehicles just in case I need to write something down. Maybe that’s an older generation thing. I made this leather notebook cover in anticipation of our soon-to-arrive new Mini Cooper.

Scored the design so that I could 2 tone dye the leather. Had a “happy little accident” when I sealed it with Fiebing’s Resolene (first time using it). It removed some of the black dye when wiping it on which resulted in a nice aged/weathered look.

I will be adding the basic notebook cut file to free designs section.

47 Likes

Very cool design … congrats on your Mini Cooper!

1 Like

Nice! Looking forward to the shared design. We thought about a Mini one time - until my husband tried to get into it. At over 6’ tall, he had difficulty getting in, no leg room at all, and even greater difficulty getting out. :slight_smile: But we have friends who have one and they love it. And they are great looking cars!

2 Likes

Looks wonderful!! Gotta love those happy accidents!!

1 Like

Neat!

Until very recently, I had a 2010 R56 MCS.

I loved that car, but it is not exactly a family vehicle, so when I blew the head gasket, I sold it to another enthusiast who has the shop and the time to make the repair.

1 Like

This turned out great!

1 Like

My first car was an '80 mini. FHA526Y. Put in a rally-prepped engine. Got 9mpg (and UK gallons are bigger than US gallons) around town. :rofl:

1 Like

We have a mini cooper. You’ll love it!! I love your notebook and the happy accident turned out GREAT!

2 Likes

We have a mini in the family, that is a great gift idea. Thanks for the inspiration.

1 Like

I added the Mini file to my post under Free Laser Designs if you’re interested.

1 Like

Fun side wanted a JCW 2 door, but practical side won out and we opted for a Clubman S. A bit better for weekend trips.

1 Like

Ha! We took a 10-day vacation to the coast in our original. OK, loading and unload the back seat thru the front was like a game of tetris, but we managed it.

Only broke down twice as well… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: