Leather Stamp

Well here’s a whole web page about the benefits of cutting polyurethane with a laser and Trotec talks about cutting polyproylene on their site. That’s good enough for me to try it out!

7 Likes

Yup!! Looks like it’s a go for me too!! :smiley: Thanks!!

2 Likes

I love being able to pool recearch time together and get things figured out. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

LOTS of good material info on this site. Bookmarked for future use. Thanks @andistarnes. Great find for some basic materials info. And wow, these machines! Lost lots of time just watching their videos of combined laser and knife cutting.

3 Likes

So (slightly off topic) does this mean we can cut foam inserts like nobody’s business, or was that in another thread where people showed it not working?

1 Like

It just depends on the kind of foam. Trotec also has a page talking about foam.

They specifically list
Polyester (PES)
Polyethylene (PE)
Polyurethane (PUR)
Neopren®

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

So, essentially the same info as I found in the pop-up on their contact page.
Bugs me that they never responded to my contact-form inquiry.

1 Like

I have been shocked at how many of those contact forms are not even configured to actually notify someone that can do something about it. I have even been told outright that the people I was trying to contact had no access to the submissions from a form explicitly designed to contact them! Makes the software engineer in me cringe when I hear things like that!

3 Likes

I mean… I didn’t even get a form-letter back. Nuthin’.

What’s the Moleskin business model? Do they allow bulk orders to customize each or only allow in house customized branding for businesses or schooled or whoever?

1 Like

If they had replied to my request, I would have an answer for you!

2 Likes