Leather Stitches

@cynd11 is the one who recommended it to me, I think. Only reason I went to Etsy is because he carries way more colors than I could find on Amazon or even Tandy.

2 Likes

…oh, yeah!! This will help someone. (the author of this reply pointing all fingers at himself :smile: :star_struck: :grin: :pray:

2 Likes

you can also get Tiger Ritza thread from https://www.rmleathersupply.com/ and from https://www.buckleguy.com/Search.html#/Search.html?search=tiger&category=F198

3 Likes

Thanks, that’s a good resource, too. Seems to be tough for any sellers to get all of the colors they make, though…which makes it difficult sometimes to get what you need or want.

Love love love Tiger thread.

Highly recommend this store for Tiger thread

4 Likes

Same place as the link above. They don’t seem to have any larger color selection than anyone else.

1 Like

http://www.juliuskoch.com/products/sewing-thread.php

This is the link to the company that makes Ritza Thread. The company is in Europe.

A few years back my leather mentor told me be very careful buying Ritza thread —- many people sell counterfeit versions.

Before I made a purchase—I sent an E-mail to the company. I wanted a list of certified sellers. There were only a few here in the United States. Many sellers on Etsy and Ebay are selling counterfeit Ritza thread.

The first picture is a screenshot from the company that makes Ritza thread. These are the only sizes they make.

Ritza 25– 0.8mm, 1.0mm., 1.2mm
Ritza 44 —06mm to 0.8mm

This screen shot is a seller on Ebay that is selling counterfeit thread. 1.4mm and 1.7mm

1 Like

I’m taking exception to what you’re saying about Egyptian Leather selling counterfeit Ritza. Egyptian Leather is also an Etsy seller. I’d like to know your source for making that claim. I’ve bought several spools of it from that very seller, who is located in Washington State…and it’s looks pretty darned legitimate to me. You could be doing harm to that Etsy seller by using such a broad brush of incrimination.

1 Like

I am someone this helps immensely - not very skilled with inkscape and have been struggling to create a stitching pattern that I can reuse for leather projects - THANK YOU!

I think they are simply saying the manufacturer does not produce Ritza 25 thread in 1.4 and 1.7 mm sizes - as per their web site.

3 Likes

http://www.juliuskoch.com/products/sewing-thread.php

That is fake Ritza Thread -I am referring to the pictures you posted.

On the real packaging the world “tiger” is spelled TIGRE

1 Like

Possibly…but this is what was posted, “This screen shot is a seller on Ebay that is selling counterfeit thread”…which may or may not be a true statement. Could have been worded better, I think.

1 Like

No worries. I want to share with you the entire Ritza story.

I have a leather mentor here in Knoxville. He is Master leather artist. He has guided me with every decision I have made regarding my leather business. When I asked Rob about Ritza thread —he started the conversation with praising Ritza. Then he told me to be careful because they were people out there selling counterfeit versions.

It had been quite a number of years since Rob had purchased Ritza thread and he did not remember who he had purchased it from.

Before I spent hundreds of dollars on Ritza thread —I sent an E-mail to the Ritza company. Wish I still had the E-mail because I would post it.

The representative from the Ritza company gave me a list of the certified sellers here in the United States along with the contact name for the certified seller.

Instead of me just calling customer service and asking about Ritza — I now had the name of the person who purchased the Ritza thread for the certified company.

I was wanting to purchase different colors in various sizes. These buyers would put in a special order for me when they placed their order.

I do not remember if the actual certified stores purchased the Ritza directly from the Ritza company or if they went through a European wholesaler or American wholesaler.

In the end —-after I did all my research I decided on Buckleguy. There was nothing special about them regarding the thread they just had other things that I was purchasing.

Before Ritza thread came into my life I would use thread from Tandy. I wanted pretty colors so I also purchased inexpensive Chinese made thread from Amazon.

I could not believe how incredibly strong the Ritza thread is compared to the less expensive threads from Amazon.

I still use the less expensive threads on small projects that will not get much wear and tear. I use those threads because Ritza threads have limited colors.

With the less inexpensive thread ——I pull it through beeswax to make it stronger even though it is already waxed.

This is the funny part of this entire thread story. I purchased the Glowforge for my leather business but I do not use the GF for it. I am having way too much fun making other things with the Glowforge.

In the future this is going to change because there is a person here at the community that will go unnamed :wink: :wink: who is helping me with Inkscape. Eventually I hope to be designing my own leather projects.

3 Likes

I wrote to John Moreau of Egyptian Leather and asked him if he is an authorized seller. Here is his response;

Yes I am! Feel free to contact Julius Koch and ask if John Moreau / Egyptian Thread Company is an authorized reseller of Ritza 25. info@juliuskoch.com is their official email.
www.juliuskoch.com/contact/

We purchase and import all our thread from Julius Koch directly.

Feel free to verify this if you wish, as it sounds like it’s been several years now since you asked about authorized dealers.

I doubt that your declaration that he’s selling counterfeit thread will affect him since it was just posted on this forum, but it would be a good idea to double check that kind of information in the future.

2 Likes

It would be very interesting his explanation why he is advertising selling 1.4 mm and 1.7 mm Ritza thread and the Ritza company does not make 1.4 mm or 1.7mm thread.

I do not care if he is selling counterfeit thread. My only concern is me personally not purchasing counterfeit items.

Just send him your question on his Etsy page…he’s very good about responding quickly. He even sent me a PDF of his last invoice from Julius Koch. Could be something as simple as human error in his posting which does not necessarily imply that he’s selling counterfeit goods. You may never know until you ask him. I understand that you don’t personally care what he’s selling, I just think though that it’s very unfair of you to openly make that false claim about him. I believe you would be upset if someone wrote that about you or about something you sold…I know I would be if it were me.

1 Like

Considering the product downloads on their website hasn’t been updated since 2012, I would say maybe, just maybe, their website doesn’t reflect all their offerings.

3 Likes

And one might also want to realize this is slander/libel if you are wrong.

1 Like

Many thanks for the stitch pattern. I’d been wanting to try leather but hadn’t dove in yet. I used your file to make a simple wallet. I only used the pockets on one side, and will probably fiddle with the sizing a bit before I make more for Christmas presents.

card wallet Robin

10 Likes

That is very nice. I especially like the color of your leather.

3 Likes