Leather Stitching Pony

Has anyone made it yet? I am wondering how its adjusted for the thickness of your materials.

Presuming you mean this: Leather Stitching Pony – Glowforge Shop

Based on this picture it can certainly do close to 1/2" at its max.

Unless you mean the material you’re making it out of - and in that case it’s designed for thick draftboard which is (approx) 1/4" or 6mm

Thanks for pointing out it’s there! I hadn’t seen that one yet :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks…

Hummm thats strange b/c the cut that is shown here is the new Stylish Arches Bag made of leather and stitching ponys are generally used for stitching leather and its definitely not 1/4" or 1/2" thick and would slip right down… I am not sure what kind of project made of wood you would use this for?

i think she misunderstood what your question was.

i can’t really see what the mechanism is to clamp down on the leather from the photos either. generally, a stitching pony has a clamp mechanism of some kind. mine has a bolt that you tighten.

1 Like

Exactly… I figured as much… I have a stitching pony I got from Tandy and its like you say it tightens with a bolt. This would have been great for my classes… it takes one board easy to assemble and a helluva a lot cheaper than purchasing one… However its pointless if I can’t tighten it for the materials…

i’m sure there’s a mechanism, it’s just not obvious from the photos. there’s a place where it connects, the photos just don’t show how that works.

2 Likes

Hummm I will print one and see…

1 Like

There is a lever to clamp both sides together.

4 Likes

Is that piece I?

From the instructions, the clamping lever is on a hinge and looks like this.

Stitching_Pony_Assembly-46

6 Likes

Ok great I just looked over the instructions again and I see this pieces. Its printing now…

1 Like

This - 1/2" max, practically 0" at minimum. The clamp is on the side, and if you look at the assembly instructions it’s very clear.

2 Likes

Came here while wondering what a stitching pony was, leather or otherwise.

Thanks for the information, folks. Always a good day when you learn something.

4 Likes

Hi Donna,

My name is Mercedes and I’m part of the Technical team here at Glowforge and I’ll be helping you troubleshoot today.

It looks like the forum users were able to help you solve your issue with being able to cut this design. That’s fantastic and I’m glad to see you were able to make it work. I’m going to go ahead and close this ticket now. If you have any other questions or need help with anything else feel free to send a message our way by making a new forum post or creating a new email ticket.

Regards,