Leather Tag for Keychains

Love this community for all the expertise and solutions I find here!! I made this tag for keychains (I attach with a rivet) because the little jump rings last about a week before breaking or bending.

Hope you keychain makers get some use out of this! I make the hole in my Keychains .55 in. wide to have room for the leather strap to go through.

LeatherKeychainTag

40 Likes

What’s that material? Looks cool.

7 Likes

I use faux leather for my straps. Most of the ones in the pics came from Hobby Lobby.

3 Likes

Hmm you may already know this but be careful with faux leathers. Be sure they’re not made of PVC, cutting PVC can damage your machine.

Some faux leathers are just fine, but enough of them are PVC so it’s good practice to be very sure what it’s made of before cutting them.

10 Likes

Thanks for the share! It looks great!

5 Likes

That’s a nice, clean design. What do you use for rivets? Does it take a special tool?

1 Like

Those look great, thanks for the share!

2 Likes

Do you cut them in your gf or other cutter? Super cute

2 Likes

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

In the Glowforge. I haven’t tried the file with Silhouette or Cricut yet.

2 Likes

Very true. The holographic one is probably not good to use!

I don’t think that something being holographic has anything to do with using it in the Glowforge. You really need to know what that faux leather is made of.

1 Like

I bought them on Amazon and they came with a small tool to set them with! Around 7.00

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like