Leather Wedding Bag Gift

Thanks to all. @jrbryant1, your Disney bag was unbelievable! Got me to thinking:-) I’m looking forward to working with more leather…just need to be better at dyeing, etc. I have a lot to learn but i love learning!

2 Likes

WOW! Terrific work on the bag! Nice engravings. The couple will be happy to receive that as a gift!

2 Likes

I think that’s one of the great things about this community… you get to see what other people are able to do and it inspires you to attempt new things and it opens up your mind to new possibilities! If that’s your first attempt at leather work… you’re doing a fine job! Keep up the great work and post pics of the creations you come up with. I’m sure your work will inspire others as well!

3 Likes

Gorgeous!

2 Likes

Engravings are fantastic! Very thoughtful gift!

3 Likes

That’s amazing. I’m new to glowforge but I’d love to make one of those. How did you do it?

1 Like

Bought a pattern from dieselpunkro on Etsy. Then i imported it into Inkscape and cut and pasted all the pieces together to create a GF laser file since it was really a physical print and cut. Then i found pics i wanted, pulled those into photoshop and turned BW and sharpened, etc. then engraved and began sewing all the pieces together!!

3 Likes

Love this so much! What a wonderful and thoughtful wedding gift.

1 Like

Such an amazing project! They will be so touched by your thoughtfulness and the love you put into this!

Happy cake day!!

2 Likes

Oh wow, didn’t realize it was my cake day!! Thanks:-)

2 Likes

Omg that’s a lot there’s no way I would even know where to start. You should give a class. Or just teach me. Either way I’d be happy. Lol

That is so sweet because i feel so incompetent amongst all these experts!! IF i can do it, anyone can!!