Leave in my will?

I am not a spring chicken, that turned 70 last month. I am not sure when my unit will arrive. Too many delays to count. I might have to leave it in my will. Is there a way to designate the undelivered product be redirected to another person or charity…

I did not think this would be necessary but right now when we are to get the units keeps slipping back.

12 Likes

I presume the executor of your will has or will have access to your email account(s). They could simply respond to the email when it comes and have it delivered to whomever you specify. You could also give your executor access to your GF account so the email address associated with the purchase could be changed to whomever you would like to receive the delivery email.

5 Likes

If no survivor will appreciate it, you can leave instructions to cancel the order if your time comes before the :glowforge:

3 Likes

Contact support@glowforge.com and see what they can do for you I recall another elderly gentleman making mention of leaving instructions with gf support should he pass on before shipping

4 Likes

When did you order, pro or basic, US or overseas?

If you are in the US and ordered early then I don’t think it will be long now. I really hope you are in good health when you receive it and get to enjoy it.

7 Likes

@mkurtz, I think @clone just called you elderly??:grinning:

3 Likes

You could leave instructions to leave it to a younger dude (66) like me, or better --> to a local school makerspace. :glowforge::sunglasses:

1 Like

Of course, if Glowforge support doesn’t receive any response about you taking delivery of your device, they should hold off delivering it. If think that if there’s no response after significant amount of time (and no response otherwise), they might want to just cancel the order.

1 Like

Just stay healthy :squee:

2 Likes

i hope no one took offense

1 Like

Haha. I have a good number of coworkers over 70. The oldest is 83 and still works a full day!

3 Likes

70 is the new 50! You’re good! :thumbsup:

5 Likes

The best plan is to make sure your estate has access to your email. If that’s true, they can arrange delivery should something (heaven forbid) happen to you.

6 Likes

I was 85 when I ordered my Pro. As the delay lasted to my 86th birthday I contacted GF and requested that if they did not receive an answer from me to the Golden eMail to contact my heir. GF agreed but fortunately I was (and still am) around to receive and enjoy my Pro.

20 Likes

HOORAY! So glad you’ve got it!

3 Likes