LED lights don't turn on

I just received my GF. I completed the setup process and was going to make my first cut. I noticed I could not see my material on the computer screen. I also realized my LED lights did not turn on either. I disconnected and reconnected the ribbon cable connections on the lid and back wall, this did not change the status on anything.
Can someone help? Any other things I can check? I reached out to support but have not received a response, yet.
Thanks in advance!

It’s common for Support to ask you to visually check those connections. Units that have been used for sometime may even require the black cable to be replaced. But Support will also caution you not to mess with the cable or connections unless they ask you to do so after examining your logs.

I think you’re on the right track with it likely being one of those connections. It might save some time when Support gets here if you went ahead and posted photos of each of them. Sorry about the rough start!

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.