LED Strip replacable

Just so you all know if your LED strip goes out or something breaks on it they are not that hard to replace just a little time and be careful. They are held on by a strong 3M tape. But overall it took me about an hour to take both off and reapply them. Had to after the door came off and broke the magnet attachment on the strip. Oh and with shipping and tax both cost me about 75.00

1 Like

What are the specs? Assume these are 12v?

I ordered them directly from Glowforge.I can grab the part number if it would help you out. Also they came already attached to the plastic rail.

2 Likes

Thanks, that would be most helpful…

I also added the old and new lights. All working. but here are the part numbers

GF-ASM-00371-XP LED Strip (Left)
GF-ASM-00372-XP LED Strip (Right)

6 Likes

Thank you so much, glad that your back up and running…

So am I. Also glad it did not take sending everything back into Glowforge. Sure would rather pay 75 bucks and a few yelling while i figure out the Glue Strips on the back (plus Beer) then the 200 for shipping

2 Likes

Dental floss makes a good tape strip “saw”. It’s thin & strong and will cut through the adhesive pretty easily. Just slide it under the strip and then saw it back & forth while sliding it along the strip.

6 Likes

Did not think about that. I just used a putty knife and a beer

4 Likes

Thank you for reporting back on your resolution, I wish there was more of that from people. It bothers me that support closes the ticket without us ever knowing what the root of a problem is or what the fix was. I’m funny that way. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

It’s always helpful to share the knowledge. Most of all as the parts don’t show up on any database.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.