LED's so Bright. . . I gotta wear shades!

Greetings!
Two days ago I was giving the inside of the GF cabinet a regular wipe down and when I powered back up, stuff went goofy. Calibration seemed to take for ever and when it finally finished, the L.E.D.s started flashing but eventually went steady. My prints for that day went relatively fine and I shut everything down.
Yesterday, I power up and the lights inside the cabinet were steady lit, but they are maxed out and so bright they wash out most of the image from the bed camera. GF still prints but its all manual settings. TIA! Thoughts?

1 Like

wiped down with what?

1 Like

You want to be very careful not to wet that little IC board where the black cable connects below the lid. A good practice would be to spray the cloth, not the inside of the machine. Be sure the inside is dry before powering on.

Camera lens with a Zeiss wipe . Inside of glass cover with a paper towel moistened with glass cleaner. I never got around to cleaning laser head yet.
Camera can not seem to read much of anything because of the extreme brightness of the LEDs left and right. (Image is “burnt out”)

1 Like

I don’t think I hit the board. I have always tried to keep my liquids and electronics “Socially Distanced”. Any thoughts on where i should be going from here?

1 Like

Well, I would just leave the machine off, and with the lid open let it dry thoroughly. You could augment that with a fan.
Official support may have a better idea, so You might want to wait on their response before you power it on again - as hard as that might be. :grimacing:

Sound advice. Thank you. I’m still within warranty for about six months but I’m willing to bet that won’t do me any good in this case.

p.s. Thank you for your service!

1 Like

It was an Honor. Actually the best thing that could have happened to a young undisciplined fool.

2 Likes

@klugjeff I’m so sorry to hear your LEDs are really bright in your Glowforge after cleaning.

When you open the lid do the LEDs dim at all or are they still staying at 100% brightness?

The issues you’re seeing might be caused by a poor connection with the cables on your lid. Please follow the steps below to check the lid connections:

1. Turn off your unit.

2. Open the lid.

3. Using both hands, gently roll the laser arm to the front of the unit.

4. There are 5 clips pictured below. Check each one to ensure it is closed. The clip should lie flat, and you shouldn’t be able to flip it in any direction.

5. If any of the clips are open, please take a photo and attach it to your reply. Don’t try to adjust or reseat the cable until reaching back out to us.

Greetings,

The lights remain at 100% even after opening the lid. All 5 connector clips appear to be tight, flat, and correctly secured.

@klugjeff I am going to send you an email since the next step will be replacing your black lid cable. I will also close this ticket so that you do not have multiple communications.