Left side is 5mm off

When I am cutting and aligning and I put a design very near the edge of my wood it is cutting to far left. I have cleaned my camera and I measured the wood correctly.

Do you have similar problems?

Yes, most people have similar problems. The current specification is that the actual cut can be off by up to 6.35 mm at the extreme edges of the view area. If you need precision you are best to work right under the camera lens in the center of the view area.

1 Like

ok thanks ben. Also it seems when you engrave the head needs more space …

Yes, that has also been covered extensively. The head needs to decelerate and when engraving this needs to happen in a longer space, so the engraving area is restricted.

The search feature on this forum works quite well; you may consider using it in the future to get faster answers. Also, posting in this area of the forum opens a support ticket with GlowForge. They have asked that if you email them not to post and vice versa, just for your information.

Thanks for the answer @ben1, that’s right. I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!