Legends of Elsewhere - The Hobbits(es)

Happy Hobbit Day, everybody! For this special occasion (my first Hobbit day with a Glowforge), I decided it was time to make a Legendary Hobbit Hole! It does stand up on its own when it’s closed, but not when it’s open, so I will have to make a stand of some sort. Blasted physics and gravity…pfft!

Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by and until next creation, Happy Forging!

49 Likes

Absolutely wonderful! I have to admit, that I have gotten where I’m eager to see a new topic post from you. Really enjoying seeing your work.

And yes, gravity can be a drag.

Yup this is my favorite

1 Like

That is really cool! I love the hinge and how well the door fits into the frame!

1 Like

Yes! Great design using the Hobbit hole door.

2 Likes

Love this! The outside of the door is so pretty and then it opens up to display more awesomeness!

2 Likes

This one is fab love it!

1 Like

That’s amazing, I love it!

1 Like

This is adorable! Might a suggest a third leg on the back of the door in the shape of a pint :smiley:

2 Likes

I heard they took those guys to Isengard.

2 Likes

Great work!

1 Like

Oh, very nice job on that!

1 Like

This is really awesome!!! Sorry it doesn’t stand when opened … but still VERY cool!

1 Like

Hi! Absolutely love this. Can you tell me your painting process and materials you used? Very cool once again!

Sure! medium draftboard, proofgrade settings, colored with sharpies or plain ol’ crayola markers (I like how the ink soaks in to material instead of sitting on top like paint does). Achieve different effects with layering (the vests were actually a combo of red sharpie first, then tan over it. The spaces between the stones on the outer ring are simply a second coat of the same grey for the stones. For brighter colors like white, I use colored pencil, but be aware it leaves a sheen when inks do not. Have plenty of scrap pieces for testing.

Oh that’s a a good touch with the ink sinking in to the draft board. And how about the files? Did you make your own files?