Lens not Sticking

When I clean my lens and use the tool it isn’t sticking to the magnet. I have to lower it in myself. it’s always done this but I never thought anything of it until I was going through the manual for a deep clean and realized it’s supposed to stick to magnet and the tool then pulls off.
is this normal? I don’t know how deep the lens should sit in there or if i’m doing something wrong?

The magnetic end of the tool is used to remove the lens. The other end of the tool is used to insert the lens, where it clicks to the magnet in the lens seat when you get it close enough. That is all that’s needed to reinsert the lens, you don’t need to apply any pressure. The lens seat in the head moves to allow autofocus.

5 Likes

I had a similar problem, then I realized the magnetic ring on the removal tool actual came off and stuck to the lens. I removed it from the lens with a stronger magnet then glued it back on to the tool.

4 Likes

whoop there it is! thanks so much what a major operator malfunction. That explains some focusing issues as well I believe. Thank you!

2 Likes

You’re welcome!

We have all had them! Enjoy your adventure. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks for the answer @PrintToLaser. I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!

1 Like