Let Glue Dry Pop Up Card

Noted maker and YTer Laura Kampf has a block of wood on which she has painted “Let Glue Dry.” It is intended as a reminder to herself not to fiddle with stuff she is building while the glue is supposed to be drying. Seems useful but, takes up surface space in a small studio.

Awhile back, someone made a paper craft version. It’s fun but, still takes up similar surface space.

This seemed like a great application for a pop up card. It folds flat and, can hang from a tack on my cork board, handy for when I need it.

I made two versions: one with a simple block font and, one where I adapted the hand lettering from Laura Kampf’s block.

I used the jig-in-place technique to score the fold lines on the reverse. After flipping, I run the scores and cuts on the front. Then, I apply a rectangle of white polyester sticker paper and, cut the surface lettering. Folding is pretty straight forward.

Here are the files, if you want to make your own:

LetGlueDryPopUpSVGs.zip (26.8 KB)

You can also find a slightly-different write-up and the same files on my blog.

Kind of silly and simple but, I thought some of you might enjoy it.

38 Likes

I love the detail in your work. thanks for sharing your technique.

4 Likes

I love your pop up cards, and then you add practicality to it. Nice.

5 Likes

Fun! I love pop up cards!

4 Likes

The contrast really pops, nice.

4 Likes

An excellent idea!!

3 Likes

This is great and a brilliant idea, I’m glad it’s not just me who can’t leave things alone!

1 Like

:joy:

4 Likes

What a card …

5 Likes

This is a good idea for all makers! I sometimes cant stand it and have to fiddle which means I end up having to re-glue!

1 Like

:woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Thanks! I like that funky font in your first example.

2 Likes