Let it Snow...Man!

Finally got around to making this it has been a sketch on my desk for weeks. He is around 11" tall and 6-7" around. I like the way it turned out but I am always open for suggestions. It is the first time I really painted something, I was trying to make it look rustic. You don’t even have to use the living hinge part. What do you think?

83 Likes

hmm, hmm, clever living hinge design. That works really well. I assume the top and bottom ahlves of the snowman are glued together?

4 Likes

that is SUPER creative, I love it!

4 Likes

Man, you are on a roll! Like rolling a snowman? :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:
I think Iike the skeleton snowman better, but both are very cool!

6 Likes

21 Likes

Love it! Great job painting.

2 Likes

very cute and unique use of a living hinge as strictly a decorative feature

3 Likes

Awesome! I like it without the living hinge!

3 Likes

My favorite is the one with the living hinge. Who ever saw a snowman without eyes. :rofl:

6 Likes

I love it with the living hinge. Very nice job!

4 Likes

So fun, great execution!

1 Like

Is that neckring double thickness? If it’s single, then the tabs on the skeleton and living hinges are quite shallow? (If that’s a trade secret, then don’t tell me. :slightly_smiling_face:)

Oh, and that’s a really cooooool design! My favorite is the living hinge. But the skeleton…design some leather or cloth panels that could be engraved with a snowflake pattern?

5 Likes

WOW! Love it!

2 Likes

Very nice! I like both options :snowman:

1 Like

Amazing! Looks like wicker, I like that. Old-timey retro.

4 Likes

That is a great design right there. SImple at its core, but the the final product looks much more complex and lovely! It definitely has a retro vibe. Terrific! Is it hard to get the living hinge pieces stretched on the frame pieces?

3 Likes

Very clever design!

1 Like

No they fit really easily, just pinch them in and they come out pretty easy too. Need to do glue on their tips if sell to someone.

1 Like

I think it looks awesome! I prefer it with the living hinge, think it gives it more character.

2 Likes

Such a cool living hinge usage. Great idea!

3 Likes