Let it Snow -- Nope!

I think AC was before that by a bit. I rented a house in Miami that was over a hundred years old and the back house in my previous place was built in the boom of the 1930s. In Arizona I lived for many years without AC but swamp coolers work pretty good there.

4 Likes

And the moisture from the swamp coolers is needed in such dry climates. We preferred it to regular A/C. It’s much the same as needing to put a kettle on a wood-burning stove to add moisture to the environment when the stove heats up the area. We did have an issue, however, when we lived in Clovis, CA (next door to Fresno), where’d we gone for 3 days out of town and forgot to turn the swamp cooler off. Returned to a house that was totally damp and you couldn’t even sit on the furniture. Fortunately, because it was so hot outside, just opening doors and windows dried the house out within a day!

5 Likes

We had one of those humidity monitors (no not the lizard) and after we got the AC I never saw it but it was spiked at 0.

2 Likes

That’s awesome! I hope you’re getting plenty of southern hospitality and love living in the south! I’m ready for some college football now. :football:

3 Likes

Well, I hope there will be a little snow. We are planning a trip in December.

3 Likes

I love the snowflakes! They are so whimisical.

In Ohio here! Lived most of my life in the snowbelt of Indiana or Ohio. In 1994, we moved a half hour south of the snowbelt. We haven’t missed it!

4 Likes