License plate update

I asked for help on a license plate that I was making for my grandfather to replace and old tag he had made for him years ago. He is a WWII vet and likes to display his organization for other vets to reach out and connect. I didnt get to reply to the original message since the topic was closed. But I thank everyone for their fantastic help. I love the support even newbies like myself get here on the forums. Here is the finished project. The ship image came from an actual image of the ship that I converted into svg on inkscape. One that my grandfather actually uploaded to the DESA site years ago and from the time frame that he was probably on it. If I had it to do over the DESA would be more lined up between tag holes… next time. :slight_smile:

29 Likes

Turned out nicely. Did you end up using the aluminum one?

2 Likes

Nicely done.

2 Likes

Yes black anodized aluminum plate from what shollg linked to. I was very happy with result! :slight_smile: :smiley:

1 Like

Very well done. These are the kinds of projects that mean the most. :sunglasses::us:

3 Likes

Very nice job, and it should last forever!

2 Likes

Thanks I hope so! In not sure how well the plate will hold up but I’m hoping it will!

1 Like

This is great! I’m sure he was thrilled with your work!

1 Like

Thanks! Haven’t gotten to give it to him yet but I am so anxious to!

1 Like